Fully enclosed HMI devices
Easy to identify
The SIMATIC HMI PRO (PRO = protected) devices have been designed for mounting on a support arm/pedestal. Thanks to their rugged aluminum enclosures, the SIMATIC HMI PRO devices have all-round IP65 protection and are also suitable for use in harsh environments.
As far as functionality and technical specification are concerned the IP65 variants are equal to the corresponding standard devices.
The separation of HMI and control cabinet allows flexible design concepts. The new SIMATIC HMI PRO devices are used wherever the HMI device cannot be installed direct in the control cabinet due to restricted space, or whenever an operator unit is required direct at the machine.
The devices stand out not only due to their compact and appealing industrial design, but also due to their refined mechanical features. This enables the device to be connected to the support arm system optionally from above or below. A host of support arm systems from well-known manufacturers are supported here. The SIMATIC HMI PRO devices are also suitable for connection to systems in accordance with VESA 75 and VESA 100. The SIMATIC HMI PRO devices are extremely light-weight at between 6.5 kg and 10 kg (depending on the device) and can thus be installed quickly and easily. All the devices are fan-free, and only standard connecting cables are used
With the extension units, the range of possible on-site operations can be extended. The extension units can be mounted on the right and/or left side of the SIMATIC HMI PRO device and can be equipped individually. The perfect supplement for the extension units are the PROFINET capable SIMATIC HMI Key Panels KP8/KP8F. Ofcourse you can also mount other control elements like illuminated pushbuttons, emergency stop button, card reader or RFID reader.
For entering larger amounts of data you can use an IP65 stainless steel keyboard available as accessory.
Devices available with IP65 enclosure
SIMATIC MP 377 PRO The SIMATIC Multi Panel 377 PRO can be used wherever operation and monitoring of machines and plants are required. As an especially high-performance device, the Multi Panel is suitable for demanding HMI tasks. However, in addition to visualization, the devices can also handle other automation tasks such as providing the platform for a software PLC.
SIMATIC MP 377 15 inch Touch
15 inch Multi Panel with a TFT color touch display
Notice on declaration of maturity
Effective October 01, 2012, the products listed below were declared mature products. This means that they will only remain available for order as new parts until the end of production which is planned for October 1, 2014. After their end of production (type discontinuation) the products will only be available on a spare part basis from our Spare Part Center. Our 10-year spare part and repair commitment also begins on Oct. 01, 2012; during this time we guarantee the availability of spare parts for existing installations. SIMATIC HMI accessories will be available for these products until Oct. 01, 2022.
Most versatile Multi Panel of the 370 series with a TFT touchscreen display and a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. The MP 377 15 Touch is also available in a model with stainless steel front, as a fully enclosed HMI device with IP65 protection rating and as a customized industry product with daylight-readable display.
SIMATIC Thin Client 15" PRO
The Thin Client 15" PRO is ideal as a second, low-cost operator station for terminal and web client applications
For decentral HMI solutions with client-server architecture
Thin Clients are remote operator terminals with touch functionality for combination with a host (e.g. SIMATIC Panel PC or a server).
- SIMATIC Thin Client with 4:3 displays are available as 10 or 15 inch device and a 15 inch variant as a fully enclosed HMI device (PRO) with IP65 protection rating all around.
The new Industrial Thin Client SIMATIC ITC in widescreen format are available with 12, 15, 19 and 22 inch displays. SIMATIC Industrial Thin Client
Widescreen terminal devices for industrial applications
SIMATIC ITC Industrial Thin Clients represent powerful control terminals with high-resolution wide-screen touch displays in 12, 15, 19 and 22 inch formats. Their user-friendliness is particularly advantageous for the realization of distributed HMI solutions with client-server architecture, while their flexible applicability supports machine-level operation and monitoring as well as connection to control systems (SCADA) and numerical controls (SINUMERIK).
The innovative product design of the SIMATIC ITC Industrial Thin Clients was honored with the renowned if product design award.
- High performance with optimized power consumption - Powerful CPU with 1.2 GHz Intel Celeron processor - Main memory with 512 MB in DDR3 memory technology - Gigabit-LAN interface for rapid communication - Dimmable background illumination for optimized power consumption
- High flexibility - Wide-screen fronts with touch displays in 12, 15", 19" and 22 formats - Numerous supported protocols: RDP, SmartServer, VNC (SINUMERIK, under construction) - Multisession for parallel connections with multiple servers with rapid switchover - Integrated web browser, 1 x Gigabit-LAN and 2 x USB interface (rear)
- High industrial standard - Aluminum die-cast fronts
- Zero-maintenance continuous operation (without fan, hard disk) up to 50?C - Flash memory as bulk memory
- High system availability - Automatic connection restoration (auto reconnect) - Redundant server connections (RDP redundancy)
- High user friendliness - Rapidly configurable turnkey system with First Setup Assistant - Central device management for multiple thin clients via Remote Configuration Center
- Safe operation in bright environments - Highly luminous displays with high contrast (400 cd/m2) - High resolution and readability up to 170? from all directions
- High investment protection and continuity - MTBF of background illumination up to 80,000 h - Integrated wide-screen design with comfort panel, flat panel or panel PC for uniform machine/system design - Service and support period from 9 to 11 years
Design and functions
Doing away with wear parts such as fan or hard disk, the SIMATIC ITC with aluminum die-cast fronts feature a particularly high ruggedness with zero maintenance. The devices can be detached from the server system over an almost unlimited distance via Industrial Ethernet. A Gigabit-LAN interface, an integrated web browser and manifold supported protocols ensure high flexibility and rapid communication with other systems.
12" TFT-color display Touch screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels Dimensions of front panel: 330 x 241 (W x H)
15" TFT-color display Touch screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels Dimensions of front panel: 415 x 310 mm (W x H)
19" TFT-color display Touch screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels Dimensions of front panel: 483 x 337 mm (W x H)
22" TFT-color display Touch screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels Dimensions of front panel: 560 x 380 mm (W x H).
Area of application
The SIMATIC Thin Clients offer a very cost-effective possibility to run an operator station on-site at the machine with high convenience. Typical application cases include a second operator station at large or distributed machines in connection with another SIMATIC Panel or Industrial PC as well as as a remote operator terminal in client/server applications.
- Low total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Easy commissioning
- High degree of endurance
- No restrictions regarding the maximum distance to the server
Design and functions
SIMATIC Thin Clients (4:3) and SIMATIC ITC (widescreen) are low-cost operator stations that can be used in large plants in addition to SIMATIC Panels or Industrial PCs. As remote operator terminals, they also allow for the use of SCADA, office or IT functionalities directly on site at the machine in addition to HMI connection. SIMATIC Thin Clients are operated using a touch screen or via an external keyboard or mouse connected to the USB interface.
Thin Clients always communicate with a host (SIMATIC Panel, IPC or server) and therefore do not require installation, licenses or additional software on the unit itself. Large distances from the host can be covered over Ethernet at a low price. Thin Clients require only one IP address. Local software installation or configuring are not required. The display and user interface are provided by the host. Therefore the client also does not have to implement backup, restore, or update actions. The total costs of ownership are correspondingly low.
As remote operator terminal without hard disk and fan, the device can be operated on machines with particularly high mechanical ruggedness requirements (e.g. vibration resistance).
You find information about the communications protocols on the respective product pages.
SIMATIC Flat Panel PRO The industrial SIMATIC Flat Panel Monitor PRO is used wherever the operator unit and the computer unit have to be set up separately from each other. In the fully protected version, the Flat Panel is available with a 15 or 19 inch touch display.
SIMATIC HMI IPC477C PRO The most powerful IP65 device list the new HMI IPC477C PRO, an embedded Panel PC available with a 15 or 19 inch touch display.
SIMATIC HMI IPC477C
Compact, rugged and maintenance-free in embedded technology with Intel Core2 Duo processors
- Area of application
- Design and functions
- Technical data
- Security information
Particular compact, yet high performing Industrial PC in embedded technology with a great variety of operating units. The all in one HMI IPC477C is available as an embedded PC-System with pre-installed visualization software WinCC flexible and/or Software PLC WinAC RTX.
A new option is to purchase a turnkey device as a WinCC single-user station or a WinCC standard client.
Based on the HMI IPC477C there is also a fully enclosed IP65 HMI device in order to be mounted directly on a support arm/pedestal. The IP65 rated devices is available with a 15 or 19 touch display. To the top of the page
Area of application
The all in one SIMATIC HMI IPC477C is designed for use directly at the machine, where the focus is on a combination of ruggedness and maximum reliability and the performance and openness of a PC is also required.
Due to the minimal mounting depth, it can also be used in confined spaces. To the top of the page
* Reliabilityof an embedded platform
* Rugged aluminum die-cast housing
* High electromagnetic compatibility, shock- and vibration resistance
* Spare parts availability guaranteed for 5 years after end of active marketing
* Worldwide service centers (selected variants for exchange in case of malfunction)
* Supply of environmentally compatible devices in accordance with the RoHS directives
To the top of the page
Design and functions
The new SIMATIC HMI IPC477C can be delivered with the energy-saving processors up to Intel Core2 Duo and latest data storage technology. The space-saving, fan less devices are suitable for communication tasks, measuring and open/closed-loop control as well as for operator control and visualization. With a back-to-front size of only 61 millimeters, the Simatic HMI IPC477C Panel PC requires 20% less depth for mounting than its predecessor, the Panel PC 477B, yet being 100% mounting compatible.
The Windows Embedded Standard 2009 operating system, installed on a CF card, offers the openness of a PC while at the same time ensuring the ruggedness of an embedded system.
The omission of a hard disk and fan means that the HMI IPC477C is easy to service and maintenance-free. A retentive data memory ensures that process data are retained in the event of a power failure. A second CF card slot is accessible from the outside and, for example, facilitates individual data archiving. Availability is increased by enhanced protection against viruses and unauthorized program modifications.
Depending on the required communication environment the IPC477C can be equipped with a PROFIBUS interface or a 3 port PROFINET interface Based on the HMI IPC 477C there will also be a fully enclosed HMI device in order to be mounted directly on a support arm/pedestal. The IP65 rated devices will be available with a 15or 19 touch display.
- 12,1" TFT- color display Touch screen Resolution: 800 x 600 pixels Mounting dimensions: 368 x 290 x 61 mm (W x H x D) Dimensions of front panel: 400 x 310 mm (W x H),
- 15,1" TFT-color display Touch screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels Mounting dimensions: 450 x 290 x 65 mm (W x H x D) Dimensions of front panel: 483 x 310 mm (W x H)
- 19,1" TFT-color display Touch screen Resolution: 1280 x 1024 pixels Mounting dimensions: 450 x 380 x 68 mm (W x H x D) Dimensions of front panel: 483 x 400 mm (W x H)
- 12,1" TFT-color display Key Resolution: 800 x 600 pixels 36 Function keys Mounting dimensions: 450 x 290 x 61 mm (W x H x D) Dimensions of front panel: 483 x 310 mm (W x H)
- 15,1" TFT-color display Key Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels 36 Function keys Mounting dimensions: 450 x 321 x 65 mm (W x H x D) Dimensions of front panel: 483 x 355 mm (W x H)
To the top of the page
- Intel Celeron M 1.2 GHz
- Intel Core 2 Solo 1.2 GHz
- Intel Core 2 Duo 1.2 GHz
Main memory (optional)
- 1GB / 2GB/ 4 GB
- Compact flash
- Drive 2 GB / 4 GB / 8 GB
- SSD (Solid State disk) min. 32 GB
- 1 x USB front
- 4 x USB on the back
- 1 x serial RS232
- 1 x DVI-I for additional monitor
- 2 x CF-Card slot
- 2 x 10/100/1000 Mbit/s RJ 45
- 1 x PROFIBUS/MPI for DP-Variant
- 1 x PROFINET (3-Port Switch) for PN Variant
Degree of protection
- IP 65 NEMA 4 front if mounted
- IP 20 rear
Vibration resistance during operation:
Shock resistance during operation
- Windows embedded Standard 2009